The Bowen Hotel has submitted and application to undergo a significant upgrade.
The Bowen Hotel is planning to undergo a significant transformation as they recently submitted a development application to the Whitsunday Regional Council in late November.
According to the Whitsunday Times, applicants hoped the renovation would “positively contribute to the economic stability, mix of uses and vibrancy of the major centre servicing the community of Bowen and the broader region”. The plans show:
- A total revamp of both the inside and outside the hotel.
- The main bar area will be transformed into a bistro
- The restaurant area will instead be home to a gaming room with a separate Keno lounge and bar.
- Old storage areas to be transformed into a sports bar with a capacity for 50 people.
- 2 beer gardens; one adjoining a kids’ play area next to the bistro and another near the car park.
- Minor extensions to the frontage and car park that will give a breath of life to the building.
That’s just some of the changes that are set to undergo if the application is approved.
You can check out this Whitsunday Times article through subscribing here to the Whitsunday Times